Psoriasis (Ps) is a chronic-relapsing, inflammatory, and proliferative condition of the skin: prior studies hypothesized a link between Ps and anomalies in β-adrenergic tone. We therefore aimed to ascertain the prevalence of early repolarization pattern (ERP) in resting electrocardiograms (ECGs) of psoriatic patients compared with an appropriate control group. We performed a retrospective study of resting ECGs of 100 consecutive psoriatic patients and 100 healthy controls. The presence of ERP in at least two contiguous leads at rest ECG was recorded, and findings were also categorized according to the lead group where ERP was detected (anterior, lateral, inferior). An ERP in ≥2 contiguous leads occurred in 40 % of psoriatic patients, compared with 14 % of control subjects (p < 0.001). (36 vs 10 % in anterior leads, p < 0.001; 6 vs 3 % in inferior leads, p n.s.; 10 vs 2 % in lateral leads). After adjustment for sex, age, heart rate, and level of physical activity, the odds ratios for the presence of ERP were 8.6 (95 % CI, 2.1–35.2, p < 0.01), and 7.1 (95 % CI, 1.6–31.8, p < 0.05) in anterior leads. In a small case/control study, increased rates of ECGs showing ERP have been observed among psoriatic patients. Clinical significance of such finding needs to be assessed in further observational studies.
Scheda prodotto non validato
Attenzione! I dati visualizzati non sono stati sottoposti a validazione da parte dell'ateneo
|Titolo:||Increased prevalence of early repolarization in electrocardiograms of psoriatic patients|
|Data di pubblicazione:||2016|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||1.1 Articolo in rivista|